Why CAMWorks ShopFloor ?
CAMWorks ShopFloor makes all the manufacturing data available to the shop floor in a digital format, under one single interface.
It is the latest Industry 4.0/Smart Manufacturing tool specially designed for the CNC machinist on the shop floor and promotes digital manufacturing by providing 3D models with MBD & PMI data and CNC programming information to the shop floor in a single, compact digital format.
Empower your shop floor with the Smart Manufacturing tools they need to avoid errors and increase production at a fraction of the cost of a CAD/CAM system. A full suite of tools are provided to view and precisely measure 3D parts and assemblies. Digital setup sheets and tool lists can be sent along with the 3D part models and CNC programs, and the machinist can virtually simulate the CNC program using cutting-edge 3D simulation. The ability step-through every move in a CNC program is provided to reduce setup time and eliminate the need to dry-run programs on the machine.
- Improve Communication with the ShopFloor Using Digital Technology
- Virtually Check Programs on the Shop Floor
- Reduce Setup Time
- Increase Production and Reduce Delivery Time
- Improve Quality and Consistency
- Avoid Machining the Wrong Revision of the Part
- Avoid Costly Collisions
- Reduce Downtime & Maintenance Costs
- View, rotate, pan, zoom, dynamically section, and precisely measure 3D parts and assemblies
- Display, search, and filter MBD and PMI dimensions and data
- Digital setup sheets and tool lists can be included along with the CNC programs
- Full 3D toolpath simulation with material removal
- Step-through and simulate every move in a CNC program
- Full featured NC Editor powered by Cimco with back-plotting and communication capabilities
- Automatic file checking to detect changes in either the CAD or CAM file alert the user to avoid machining the wrong revision of the part and maintain associativity along the digital thread
CAMWorks ShopFloor is a newly introduced application in the CAMWorks suite of software products. CAMWorks ShopFloor is an independent standalone application. It serves as a collaboration tool between CAM Programmers (who use the CAMWorks application to generate CAM data for part models and/or assemblies to be machined) and the Machine ShopFloor (where actual machining of the concerned part models/assemblies take place).
The personnel working at the Machine ShopFloor are the intended users of the CAMWorks ShopFloor application.
Yes, CAMWorks ShopFloor is a licensed application.
- To run CAMWorks ShopFloor neither SOLIDWORKS nor CAMWorks license is needed. You only need CAMWorks ShopFloor license
- The licensing mechanism for the CAMWorks ShopFloor application is identical to that for the CAMWorks. CAMWorks ShopFloor uses the same License Manager as that of CAMWorks
CAMWorks ShopFloor Workflow
CAMWorks ShopFloor Webinar
CAMWorks ShopFloor Publisher
The CAMWorks ShopFloor Publisher is included with CAMWorks and is available as a FREE add-in for SOLIDWORKS CAM.
Once a SOLIDWORKS assembly or part has been programmed and is ready to be machined, the ShopFloor Publisher captures the information needed by the machinists, including the assembly or part model, CAM data, 3D toolpath simulation file, setup sheet, tool list, and the G-code program for the CNC machine.